Monday, June 4, 2012

Morena's Corner- Buckle-Up with some TWILL Tape!


Morena is the gal that everyone wants as their best friend. I'm convinced.
She's crafty and inspired and a WAAAY cute mom of FOUR!
Here's a tutorial she sent to us...when Courtney and I opened it we both freaked out! {Seperately and then together.} We hadn't even DREAMED about doing anything like this with these cute bracelets. We've been happily wearing them...daringly, 3-at-a-time!
So check her out and then stop by her blog...she has a TON more there!

This fun little belt cost me less than $2 to make!
My secret?

I started with two buckle bracelets and twill ribbon, all from MMM.


Cut the bracelets in half.

Use E6000 to glue the bracelets to the ends of the ribbon, as pictured above.

I let mine dry for a day and then I hand stitched where they overlap, just to reinforce it (not pictured).

I wrapped coordinating ribbon to finish the belt. I folded the edge under and hand stitched the trim to hold it in place.


It's such a fun, colorful belt to wear this summer! And, of course, I made more than one. I even made headbands with the same concept. Won't you visit my corner to see more fast, frugal, FABULOUS tutorials?


{Buckle-Up Bracelets will also be featured on Groopdealz 6/2/12}


3 comments:

  1. Eeek! You two are so sweet! Thanks for all the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!!!!! Morena, you're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete