Monday, March 26, 2012

Wall Stencil

Wall Stencil


Phew! It's done :)  As most of you know I had an unfortunate time getting the paint for this wall BUT, I must say I'm totally happy with the wall! It completely transformed my kitchen! 
First, we taped off the edges.. which proved to be quite complicated considering we have rounded corners..


Then we chose to start in the middle of the wall so that the edges would end in the same pattern.
Then we got a little carried away and forgot to take pictures... so here we are in the home stretch..

And here we are even closer to completion...


We found that our edges weren't as clean as we had imagined and it was really stressing us out, but when we stepped back and weren't RIGHT up next to the wall, it really wasn't noticable at all... We did have to clean the stencil a few times, they provided a couple of ways that it could be done.. The first way we cleaned it was by letting the paint dry and then peeling it off, I don't recommend this way because it somewhat stretched our stencil..



I still have a few more finishing touches, but I couldn't wait to share!

*Update*
Questions & Answers:

How long did it take? - We worked on it in the evenings so we did a couple hours here and there, overall I'd say 5, maybe 6 hours.

How did you deal with rounded corners? - We found where the straight edge of our wall ended, leveled it out, and taped it straight down.

I have textured walls, will it work? - Yes! We have textured walls as well, looks awesome!

Where did you get your stencil? - www.cuttingedgestencils.com, we were a little bummed to find that the level shown in their video is NOT included with your stencil, so don't count on it!:)

Was it easy? - Yes!  If you are able to color in the lines, you're good!


xoxo, Courtney

Tip Junkie handmade projects
 



 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love teal AND quatrefoil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job, courtney! I love it! love the color blue you picked! gor-geous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!! I have that same stencil and just did a canvas with it. I wasn't brave enough to do a wall. lol I had the samen problems with some of the edges looking rough but at a distance, barely noticeable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE it! I can't wait to do mine! Now, if only I could get hubby to agree on the colors - ugh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I love it!! I need to find a wall to do this to in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super cool! I want to try it but my walls are all textured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ladies! You're all so sweet! @Donna - My walls are textured too! Works like a charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that makes a great statement. Love the color you chose!

    sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to be doing a giveaway on my blog next week sometime for Cutting Edge Stencils for those interested. (Hope it was okay to post this on your blog. ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way it turned out! I just got this stencil a couple of weeks ago and have not gotten a chance to use it yet. I'm so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing, I love the color you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That looks amazing! Great work! :)
    Happy Day!
    Michelle
    www.daydreambelievers.net

    ReplyDelete