Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Knob Jewelry Hanger!

Distressed Knob Jewelry Holder
By Mom's Crafty Space





I hate to admit it, but I am horrible about putting away my jewelry properly. I have plenty of nice boxes and drawers to house jewelry, so storage wasn't my problem, but nothing is as convenient as tossing my necklace on to the bathroom counter as I'm washing my face before bed. Awhile back I got the brilliant (and totally tacky) idea to hammer a couple of nails into the wall next to my vanity to help stop my necklaces from getting tangled into a heap on the counter after a couple of days. Genius, I know.



Ever since then I've been on the lookout for some cute vintage style knobs to turn into a jewelry rack. When Mindy Mae's Market offered up these colorful assorted knobs as one of their daily deals, I knew they were just what I had been looking for.




SO cute! I started by finding a piece of wood that was already dented and dinged up quite a bit. I love the distressed finish on the knobs, and I knew that I wanted to distress the board just as heavily to match. I have never done anything with a crackle finish before, but I followed this tutorial for crackling using basic white school glue. I LOVE how it turned out! Super easy, and it was fun watching all those little cracks form as the glue starts to dry.



Attach the knobs and a couple of sawtooth hangers on the back, and you're ready to start hanging up your jewelry in style!





2 comments:

  1. I love this!! so cute!! I have been wanting to make one myself too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete