Friday, March 23, 2012

Washi Tape Magnets

Washi Tape Magnets
By Mom's Crafty Space


These washi tape magnets are perfect for adding a pop of color to your magnetic surfaces (they work
great on sheet metal!) without the commitment of actual tape. They have the same look as torn tape,
but are actually crafted from recycled advertising magnets! They're so fun and easy that you'll want to
make a bunch - swap out colors and patterns to suit your mood or match your outfit!



I started with some advertising magnets that I found hiding out in the back of a kitchen drawer, and I
gave them a quick coat of spray paint. I used white primer because it was the first can I grabbed, but I'm
sure that any light colored spray paint will work (note that you will be able to see this color through your
washi tape!).



Tear your washi tape into strips, stick to the painted side of your magnet, and trim to size. I added a little
bit of a jagged/wavy edge to give the impression of torn strips of tape. I kept mine simple this time, but I
think it would be a lot of fun to play around with color, layering and different shapes and sizes!


1 comment:

  1. You are AWESOME! Easy project- just my speed- I am LOVING this!!!! I am a new follower! Have a great night! Jen

    ReplyDelete