Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nikki's Niche- Chevron Bag Lanterns {Found!}

YAY! I found it! I found my Chevron Bag tutorial. So glad I'm not completely crazy and it really did turn out cute!

I had a number of goodie bags to play with and I wanted to do something a little different.

I started by cutting a {small} slit down the mid-center of each bag.

I then placed a white light into each hole cut in the bags.





It looked too plain so I used a plate to trace and then cut each bag into a semi-circle.





We then used 20 gauge wire folded and put down the center of the bag slit and through the lights- this was to hold the bags open













Here they are all strung up - with the wire just barely visible...





You can slightly see how they stay open- with help from the wire.









Cute for the day OR night!

3 comments:

  1. OK- now this is really really cute!!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! SO cute!

    Thank you so much for being part of Summer with a Chance of Link ups! We would really appreciate it if you would add our party button to your blog so we can feature you! :)
    Thanks!
    http://acreativecookie.blogspot.com/2012/06/summer-with-chance-of-link-ups-party.html

    ReplyDelete