Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finishing Frames!

Morena from Morena's Corner really did some cute things with the wooden frames we sold last month! If you missed the frames.. have no fear and be sure to check the site this week - they just might be making another appearance!


I adore all the quirky unfinished wood frames that are the rage now!  There are so many ways to dress them up to suit your style and home decor.  This tutorial will show you a quick way to embellish them.

I always start by painting the entire frame.


I apply modge podge to the front and adhere the frame to the paper.


Once it has dried, I use my razor to cut off the excess paper.


Sand all the edges and distress with ink if desired.


I embellished this frame with buttons and twine. 
I covered a 4x6 metal sheet with coordinating paper and adhered it behind the frame.


I used my one inch circle punch to cut out an image from a scrap and inserted it into a bottle cap to make a matching magnet.



I love the end result!


The paper I chose for this frame was so busy that I didn't feel any embellishing was necessary.


  Cutie vintage looking magnet board!


I hope you'll keep checking back to Morena's Corner to see what I'm doing with my other two frames!  Come by again to learn how to DIY crackle paint and how to do my favorite image transfer method!


I hope to "see" you soon!


**All the items used for this project were purchased here.

No comments:

Post a Comment