Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tulle Easter Basket

Morena spiced up Easter with her little metal bucket "Easter basket" for the boys, and for the girls...


Would you believe that this started as a basket from the Dollar Tree? I liked that it was painted silver (perfect for a princess) and decided to use tulle to dress it up!


I measured the length from the top of the basket to the bottom and then added an inch. I wrapped the tulle several times and then cut one end
(as pictured above)


I then twisted the folded end twice and used hot glue to adhere it to the basket.


Once the basket was surrounded in white tulle I started making freaking rosettes. I cut a 5 by 4 inch piece of tulle.


Fold in half lengthwise twice.


Roll into a rosette and hot glue over the tops of the tulle.


Add beads to make centers for the rosettes. I glued them on.


And there is your updated one dollar basket!


It is so hard to photograph tulle! I made several attempts but these pictures just don't do it justice. You will have to make one to see for yourself!


Perfect for carrying toads around the yard!


Or depositing leaves and grass in!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! So cute and clever! A little girls DREAM! I Love it!!

    ReplyDelete