Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This post is compliments of the ever talented Heidi K. from Mom's Crafty Space.


This chalkboard necklace is a fun and easy craft that would be perfect for gift giving (Mother's Day is coming up!), and it's a great way to use up leftover bits of chalkboard paint or even small scraps of
chalkboard vinyl.


First, gather up your supplies. I used DIY chalkboard paint (you can purchase the kit at Mindy Mae's Market), so my supplies were: acrylic paint (house paint works well too!), non-sanded grout, a necklace bezel, a small mixing container and a paintbrush. I mixed a large pinch of the grout in with the paint, and then poured the entire mixture into my necklace.


Tap it on a level surface to get rid of any air bubbles, and then use a toothpick to pop any that remain. I finished mine off by gluing on a cute little pink bow, but it looks just as cute without it! I love that I can change the message as often as I want...so many possibilities!





No comments:

Post a Comment