Thursday, August 30, 2012

Loverly to be Late....


Getting ready for school involves getting classroom procedures in order...and everything you need to make them happen, too. I want my students not to interupt the class when they come in late. I needed something that would hold a clipboard and a place for their admits. Well, well. I just happened to have this little item- I think it was a wedding gift, no less.
 I knew I would use it- one day! ;) I pulled it out of the garage, cleaned it up, took the hardware off and started painting. Our school colors are navy, blue and orange.
 I liked this color a lot. It's not too navy OR too bright. A couple of coats and we were good to go.
 I had a clipboard lying around (no joke. I'm like addicted to things with clips.) I taped the clip and spray painted it orange (obviously).
 After it dried I flipped it over, hot glued ric-rac to the back and covered it with felt.
 I had a piece of paper that was laminated- I put it inside the frame and made marks where the corners of the frame were, took it out and cut the rectangle out. Then I painted this laminated paper orange, too.
 I did the same thing with this piece of white vinyl. I printed 'Late!' on a plain piece of printer paper- and using my trusty razor I cut it out of the vinyl. I taped the printed word over the top and cut through both papr and vinyl.
 I printed "admits" out, too. I cut it out and fit it into the label holder.
 I placed the vinyl over the top of the orange-painted laminated paper. I printed 'sign in here', cut it out and simply taped it to the sign. (I free-handed the arrow...aren't you impressed?)
And here's the final project. A sign, a place for admits and a clipboard for them to sign-in with! One step closer to school starting as well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment